Goldfish is an exercise from the Niche health system. It corrects posture, helps to get rid of its disorders, and improves the functional state of the back. Movement allows you to relieve pain, increase mobility and can be used both in rehabilitation programs and in the event that the athlete simply suffered from a minor injury due to violations of the technique of strength exercises. The movement has been known for a long time, it is found in all systems, from classical rehabilitation to yoga and Pilates.
Parsing the exercise
What muscles work
- The main ones are the muscles of the erectors of the spine, as well as the large and middle gluteal muscles, hamstrings, calves, tensioner, fascia lata, adductor thigh muscle
- All muscles of the body are sometimes defined as auxiliary working muscles.
- Suitable for people with zero physical fitness, helps to get rid of the effects of physical inactivity;
- Improves peristalsis and bowel function;
- Strengthens the abdominal muscles;
- Relieves back pain caused by compression of nerve roots;
- Helps to relieve tone and muscle tension;
- Removes spasms;
- Reduces headache caused by spasms;
- Improves blood circulation;
- May be useful in rehabilitation, but you need to consult a doctor
No special preparation is required. You can do some high knee walking, take some time to do joint gymnastics, or even do some of the most common exercises from yoga, Pilates, or strength training. It is not recommended to do “fish” immediately after you get out of bed, and when you have not done any action yet. You should train after a little warm-up, or at least after walking around the apartment for about five minutes.
For those who have problems with increased muscle tone in the legs, for example, due to jogging or walking in uncomfortable shoes, MFR was invented – that is, rolling the back of the thighs and calves with a foam roller. After MFR, it will be more comfortable to perform all exercise therapy exercises, including the “Goldfish”.
- Oscillations should be the same to the right and to the left, what is called harmonious in physics. Perhaps it will be more difficult for people with curvature of the spine, but it is worth understanding that even in this case, you can learn how to do the exercise efficiently;
- The amplitude of the work should not be too high, it should not reach uncomfortable sensations;
- Hands should be crossed in the region of the cervical spine and should not interfere with their movements;
- You should move on a hard surface, not on a bed;
- Throughout the entire movement, the legs, pelvis and back are in contact with the floor;
- Try to breathe evenly, measuredly, do not take too frequent inhalation and exhalation.