Scientifically proven that aerobic training (or cardio training ) is most effective for burning fat and shaping the figure in men and women. In the long term , high physical activity is more likely to contribute to weight maintenance than diet. Aerobic training strengthens the cardiovascular system , increases enduranceand the body’s performance, improve the mental state. Aerobic training accelerates recovery from mental stress and increases resistance to stress. This aerobic training program is universal in nature, using it, you can create an individual training program that suits you best.
The study showed that interval cardio workouts (3 times a week, 20 minutes each, excluding a 10-minute warm-up) can reduce weight by about 1.5 kg in 3 months of training. According to the results of the study by M. Heydari, the fat loss was 2 kg, while there was a slight increase in musculature (+ 0.5 kg of muscle). Strength training gives the worst results. It is worth noting that these trials were conducted on volunteers who did not change their diet and daily routine . Read more: Exercise and Boost Your Metabolism .
Thus, training contributes only 15-20% to building a figure, 50% is diet , 25% is sports nutrition and pharmacology . A quality result can be obtained much faster if you use an integrated approach.
How can I improve my aerobic training results?
- Be careful with the choice and planning of training, avoid overtraining .
- Eat an adequate diet
- Take appropriate sports nutrition
- Use pharmacological support
- See also: why I can’t lose weight
Aerobic Training Rules for Weight Loss
- When starting to exercise, increase the load gradually so that the body can adapt to physical activity.
- Train at least 3 times a week. The more often you train, the more results you will achieve. Train optimally every day.
- The best time for aerobic exercise is in the morning (before breakfast) . In the morning, metabolism is accelerated under the influence of activating hormones – catecholamines , glucocorticoids and testosterone . Scientists have shown that aerobic workout of the same duration and intensity in the morning will require 20% more energy expenditure than in the evening. Thus, in the morning you will burn 20% more fat than in the evening. In addition, it is better to exercise at the same time of day, since the circadian rhythms are adjusted to the mode of physical activity.
- The minimum duration of aerobic workout is 30 minutes, the optimal duration is 1 hour. The longer you exercise, the more fat is burned.
- Do not eat anything 1 hour before aerobic exercise and 1 hour after exercise. If you eat food before training, you will burn the energy of the food, while fat will not be included in the expenditure. After training, there is a large amount of free fats in the blood, if you do not eat, then these fats will be destroyed during metabolic processes into water and energy, if you eat, then all free fats will return to adipose tissue.
- Intensity plays an important role in the effectiveness of aerobic training. The intensity of aerobic training correlates with the heart rate, so the intensity level of the training can be clearly determined from the heart rate. It has been proven that for weight loss, the heart rate should not be lower than 120 beats per minute. You can determine the optimal heart rate range using our expert system – Calculate the optimal heart rate . Remember that a heart rate above 140 beats per minute is acceptable only after 3 weeks of training, which is required for the adaptation of the cardiovascular system.
- For maximum results, follow an interval training regimen . Start your workout at a slow pace to prepare your body for the challenge. Then continue with the waveform intensity: decrease and increase the intensity every 10 minutes. Finish your workout at a slower pace.
- For weight loss, predominantly aerobic training should be performed, since strength training burns significantly fewer calories. This has been confirmed by a number of studies. Moreover, it has been proven that strength training is not capable of “boosting the metabolism.”